Dear MUN Director,
This letter is prepared to give you detailed information about TEDIMUN and clarify the application process.
TEDIMUN follows THIMUN rules and procedures, (this includes the dress code, committee proceedings and expected behaviour of participants).
1. Practical Information:
Dates of TEDIMUN 2020
28th of February, Friday: from 13.30 to 19.30
29th of February, Saturday: from 8.00 to 18.00 and the social event from 18.00 to 22.00
1st of March, Sunday: from 8.30 to 16.00 and the closing ceremony from 16.00 to 17.00
School Registration (Form I): December 13th, 2019
StOff Application: December 13th, 2019
Payments: January 3rd, 2020
Delegations and Positions (Form II): January 3rd, 2020
TED İstanbul College Foundation Private High School
Acarlar Mahallesi, No, 9. Cd. No:7, 34800 Beykoz/İstanbul
Phone no: +90 539 949 00 24
2. Application procedure:
1. First, you will need to register your school’s delegation in the following google form:
TEDIMUN Form I : https://forms.gle/MfN4FEtNGFBxRhf9A
2. Once accepted, you will receive a confirmation email and you will be expected to sign TEDIMUN Code of Conduct.
3. Students applying for such positions are required to fill in application forms.
StOff application form: https://forms.gle/HrC4xhxSHtUbYTyM7
Press Team Application: https://forms.gle/4ksw7GHJ2ogZj1Pd9
*In addition the MUN Directors are required to send ONE letter of recommendation for ALL of the candidates (one paragraph on each candidate and a ranking of those candidates is required in the letter of recommendation)
4. TEDIMUN does not accept students without an MUN Director to chaperon the delegation. One Director per delegation is preferred at TEDIMUN.
5. In January, we will send Form II to clarify which delegation each school has and the positions of the participants. This form needs to be filled in and sent back to us by the end of February.
6. Finally, also in February, payments must be completed and your school will receive an invoice from TED Istanbul College regarding your full payment. Please be aware that if you wish to make any changes to your registration or cancel it, that it will not be possible as of st and no refund will be provided.
3. Participating as Student Officers (StOff)
You can apply for these positions via links provided for you but please remember you are also required a Recommendation Letter written by your MUN Director. Please note that students who do not get a position as StOff will be automatically considered as delegates, if the students do not wish to participate as a delegate please inform us
a. Student Officers: Student Officers are experienced MUN-participants who lead the debate in the Committees and Councils. At TEDIMUN, there are two Student Officers in every GA Committee: the Chair and a Deputy Chair. The Councils will have a President and a Deputy President. They have various responsibilities before the conference, such as writing Research Reports as well as supporting delegates in preparing for the conference. Students who have participated in MUN before and have an in-depth knowledge about the rules of procedure may apply for a position, via the Student Officer Application Form:
b. The Press Team is responsible from publishing four daily newspapers, preparing an opening and a closing video and managing the social media accounts.The Press team’s duty is to capture the TEDIMUN experience and share it with the participants through advanced articles, recorded experiences of the delegates and StOff via videos, pictures, interviews etc. We encourage creative, artistic MUN-ers to apply our press or crisis teams via Press Team Application
4. Accomodation and Transportation
Although we are unable to provide housing, our hospitality team will contact you to inform you about the list of hotels in the area. Due to the fact that our school has no public transportation in the immediate vicinity transportation to and from some hotels will be provided. If you wish us to arrange transportation from the airport, please contact us. In any case our hospitality team will inform you about all the transportation possibilities between your hotel, the airport and the school.
We hope that this Explanatory Letter will prove to be useful for you. If you have additional inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us. We are looking forward to receiving your applications.